Sunday, September 14, 2008

The History Channel

The History Channel is pretty gory. Today I was watching a program that originated from the very source mentioned earlier and they were talking about this guy with became famous from his being brutal and in general, brutality. He had a system called 'the ordeal' where he would stick (if you don't like gory some-may-say-disgusting tales of historical means of rooting good from bad, visit this blog for entertainment more entertaining awe inspiring and smile inducing then this one. Or this entry.) The ordeal was this guy sticking a pepper in a pot of boiling water and having the prisoners stick their hands in the pot and retrieve the pepper. They would get their hand all taped up, and a coupl days later a priest would see if the person's hand was healing. If it was, they were innocent. And if it wasn't they were guilty.
The History Channel is one of my least favorite channels. I have a spare few I really steer clear from - the sex channels, the country music video channels, MTV or VH1 when Shot at Love and Room Raiders and Rob and Big and Making the Band and all that are having marathons. I like The Paper and ANTM fine. But some shows I could do without.
Sometimes I wonder how much a person has to pay their employer to have the job they have. Now I'm not stupid - I know people work from employers so the employers can pay them. But I just cannot comprehend how certain people have the life situation they have. They have to be paying their moey providers with something pretty darn convincing, valuable, or unique. Pity only goes so far, especially in business, right?
How are some people paying the bills when they don't know how to operate with the career they've established for themselves?
I want a job, Besides the PTO thrift shop I mean.

1 comment:

Amelia said...

Hmm. So it appears you get the ultra-cable package or whatever. Like with 500 channels. Probably. Eww, that ordeal makes me... think of pain. Because it's like the definition of pain. Geez. They should just like not even allow people to consider writing their show about those things. Or even consider having Hannah Montana appear for a second or ever be mentioned. But enough of that. First of all, I was very surprised that my name (my blog) was a link on your blog, in one of your posts, and saying that it was "entertainment more entertaining awe inspiring and smile inducing then this one." because that's like the highest blogg...ing compliment. One of the highest, that's fo sho. But I figure you might get... annoyed/tired of me saying thanks all time, so I'ma just assume that you know how I feel about that.

ANTM? Never heard of it. I think you would be good in writing articles or something. Well, you are I'm sure. And you are a good writer, but I mean like, all of these arguments/opinions/just seeing what you think about the media and all of that is tres tres interesting and awesome.

Yeah that's a good wonder. Ing. Ness. Yeah you're right. Pity and business are like... chocolate and... non... fat. Bad simile. But yeah.

Yes- omigosh that question is so good. Rhetorical question. You have a lot of those. They are very good. I mean, 'cause like yeah, it's sort of a catch-22 'cause like they work at some stupid job for the whole day- actually nevermind. I couldn't explain it. Never. Mind.

It sucks they closed that to teens. At least, I assume it's still closed to teens now. But hey good luck with Chicago money. Jobs are cool. Sometimes. You could like... ugh my imagination is broken at the moment. So I can't think of anything somewhat "cool" in the job department. But you didn't ask, and I should just stop typing.

But isn't the history channel like TV-14 or whatever? I guess they do that for a reason...