Monday, June 16, 2008

Giving up on boundaries

So I decided while I'm human (hopefully that will be true my whole life) I might as well make the most of being imperfect and learn from it. I want to improve, I want to grow. I want to make a difference, and I want people to like me for me. I don't want the looks that question my sanity, I don't want to laugh at EVERYTHING anymore. I want to have friends I love to pieces, and I want them to like me and not be with me for any other reason. There are no obligations, no tests, no twists, no ulterior motives I'm interested in friends having. I decided I can contradict myself and trip and suck at almost everything on the Earth and be a hypocrite and drop 99 percent of what I pick up as long as I try to learn or get better at weak points. Because yeah, I'm not perfect. But I have a perfect excuse for imperfection (irony kicks in yet again) - being human. I decided that I don't need to be impressed by someone to like them, I don't need to be picky. Who cares if another person doesn't agree. In fact, why not just do your own thing. But you have to value other opinions. Is it ok to be unsure? There look at me. Unsure about whether being unsure is ok. There's insecurity for you. I'm so happy with where I am, allowed to be human and make mistakes and having the best possible people on Earth around me that can help me be me. I like pickles, I can do all the different voice patterns on the JG Wentworth commercials, I like some Britney Spears songs, I say the wrong thing all the time, I only paint the fingernails on my left hand because I'm right handed and unwilling to take risks in painting my right hand. I like peace and Obama. I like to scrub the kitchen floor and pull garlic mustard (which is a plant that does exist). I have been on Gmail 8 hours just waiting for people to get on. I only just recently memorized the first verse of the Star Spangled Banner. I hardly understand baseball, I'm working on it. I really like milk. I have a sick mind, I love nutella, I used to be much more in tune with other's and my own emotions. Now it's almost like I don't know what other people or I'm feeling. Half the time I don't really make sense to myself. I get caught up in my own little world. I'm scared to have a first kiss (it's true) and mice. I don't like to swear, I don't like to brag. I'm surprised at myself when I overachieve something I expected to do moderately well on. I'm insecure, I'm random, I'm annoying and obnoxious, I'm quirky, I'm me and unique and totally lost in life. Good place to be lost in though.

1 comment:

Amelia said...

Becca Bushman is the Best at Blogging.

Seriously, dude, you need to be a writer.
That was too amazing that they need a better word for amazing.