Thursday, June 19, 2008

Difficulities for the Average HumanBean

What do I want? A good life I guess. But today, I wanted to hang out. And I did not get what i wanted. But the thing is, will it matter a year from now? Actually yes, because one of my core friends won't be here a year from now. But actually, will this one little day matter. You know when you painstakingly preform a time consuming skill requiring task, and you finish - 30 minutes of intense pride and fufillment. Then you start to consider the 6 billion other people in the world. And then suddenly all you did doesn't matter so much. It won't feed starving people, it won't get us out of rapidly growing debt in war costs, it won't stop anything bad, it won't start anything to benefit a nation. It won't preserve people on the verge of death, won't act as a shield against any natural disasters. Something that commands our full attention and effort and time can be equal to beyond nothing to another. Is it good that we're different, should we even bother with these little things? Should we look at these little things or focus only on the bigger picture? Is it selfish to become trapped within something for ourselves, or do we need to take care of us before we focus on others? On the other hand, performing acts of service can help us grow so that we can mature as people. Does any of what we do at our age matter? Is it everything, the foundation for the rest of our lives, or does life start at college. My mom says I won't really be living life when I'm paying my own expenses and taxes, but I think and argue that I could do that if the government would allow me to. On the other hand (again - there are a lot of hands involved, that sounds a bit...weird) would I be able to? Probably not. But some (most) people are more responsible than me. Is it good to be unsure and insecure, or bad. Is it better to be cocky (sorry I mean arrogant Anthony) than to be insecure? If that's the case I'm in trouble. I can't say I'm the best unless I'm being sarcastic. Equality scores high in my (unwritten) book.

2 comments:

Anthony Fulton said...

That was really good. Ugh whenever I read your blog it makes me feel like I can't write for beans. I'm serious this is really good.

Amelia said...

Ditto. No, Anthony, your blog is actually very, very, good.

(Ugh now I suck)