Monday, November 3, 2008

Armadillos


Today in German we started working on Journal Entry No. 2 for our Character Journals. My original character proved to be harder to work with then imagined. It's hard to figure out ten things Squirtle the Pokemon likes to do. So I swapped to a turtle named Nora. I had to pick a friend for her, so naturally it was Binky the Armadillo. I've always known I liked armadillos, and thought they were pretty much phenomenal, but I've never known what armadillos actually are; or what they look like for that matter. I do recall a few hazy El Dorado memories, but nothing to be consider a resource. Right there, my friends, is your armadillo. Pretty cool, right? Actually, that's a bit scary. Just a tad. When I was searching for the image, a lot of the photographs of the armadillo were them lying on their backs. They looked....almost furry on their stomachs. Are these armadillos dead? Are they playing dead? Are they just chilling? Is this a ritual? Do they have to do this to get into certain "cool" armadillo clans? And I'm talking, lying on their backs in the road. Guess I shoulda mentioned that earlier. So more to come on uncovering the mysterious armadillion way of life.


1 comment:

Amelia said...

Nice. Sounds like a nice assignment in German, eh? "...so naturally it was Binky the Armadillo." HA HA! Becca. You kill me. Me and my gallbladder.

Just seeing your thoughts and what you're thinking about and stuff is so fun. I mean, not in a like... invading way or whatever. It's just so fun and funny and interesting and awesome to see your rhetorical questions, the way you see things, and when/if you get off topic it makes it even more fun. Fun stuff, your blog.